Want to join our team?
Hello Potential is on the hunt for a supremely capable, experienced, plug-and-play project manager. A freelancer who's commonly referred to by their clients as indispensable. Is that you?
Our company started out in 1999; in fact it’s 15 years this month since we opened for business. Over the years we’ve hired some outstanding coaches, a host of talented and experienced consultants, and not least, a select crew of super-efficient support staff. We seem to get busier every year; 2014 is no exception, and since launching our new brand Hello Potential just five months ago, the pace is hotting up...
It’s a great problem to have in business – we’re excited, and we're gearing up so we can handle more.
We're proud to work with private and public sector clients that are passionate about potential – including Miller Brands (think Peroni), NHS Blood & Transplant, and Natural England among many others. Our clients are ambitious, driven, and focused – on creating intentional cultures and leading their complex businesses to meaningful success. We love supporting them; and the projects we’re working on can be really complex and need HUGE attention to detail behind the scenes.
So we're looking for a freelance Project Manager to help coordinate our client work and make sure our consultants and clients have everything they need to make our delivery run smoothly. This is an 'as needed' role, so essentially, we're looking to forge a relationship with the right person now, so that we have the capacity and capability we need as client projects continue to roll in.
Think you’re the right fit? Check below:
- You have experience of managing management-consultancy projects - so you thrive on the buzz (and know the challenges) of working with the client and the consultant team, on all things people-development related.
- You're independent and love autonomy; you'd be happy to take the initiative to flesh out a sketchy brief if that's all there is. You don't need to be micro-managed but you're happy to confirm the details of your work if needed.
- You’re smart and proactive; you think laterally and plan ahead.
- You’re a positive person - solutions not problems.
- You're hugely detail orientated and very organised. You're happy when you know that everything has been taken care of and every detail has been double checked.
- You have a clear communication style and, whilst you're respectful, you're not a pushover. Your written communication is top-notch with good grammar and a light, engaging tone to emails, and you're happy that you'd also give a great impression on the phone.
- You're familiar with PowerPoint, but more importantly you're able to turn a set of ‘raw’ slides containing disparate colours, fonts and images into something that looks and feels well designed, cohesive, and professional.
- You're able to be on call for a project you've been involved in on the days when delivery takes place, so that consultants/clients can ask for their help with something that's gone awry if needed. From time to time we may need you to be on site, supporting the consultant(s) (This could be anywhere in the UK, so with an overnight stay potentially).
- You're comfortable with the fact that this role is very much needs-led and that will depend on the number of clients we have booked in at any given time. We're likely to be able to give you 3-4 days notice of work coming your way, so you'll need to be flexible and able to dive in when an opportunity arises.
- You can provide us with access to an online diary, so we can see when you're available, and you use a system to track your time, so you can submit a report of that with your invoices.
- You're a Mac user ideally, but you're tech savvy enough to be able to sort out PC/Mac issues, given that you'll be working with diverse clients and consultants. You love a spreadsheet and you're good with managing budgets.
You'll be working directly with Rachel Hall, our MD – and with our talented consultant team and our brilliant clients. Our working style is open, friendly, and always flexible where we can be.
Ready to apply?
If you’re thinking ‘That’s me!’, and know this is exactly the kind of role you’d be perfect for, then please take the first step and fill out the form at the bottom of this page. If it looks like you’re a possible match, we’ll be in touch by email by 1 December to take your application further.
Questions and next steps
If you have a question you need answered before filling out the form, please contact Rachel here. Applications close 28th November, with interviews by Skype w/c 1st and 8th December. A full briefing and induction for the successful candidate(s) will be scheduled for January 2015.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an well-established company that's just launched a bright new brand, while also keeping the independence you love. You'll also get to feel a deep sense of satisfaction that your work is helping to unlock massive potential in others.
We look forward to receiving your application. Or, if we haven't described you above, then please do forward this to anyone you know who fits the description. Thanks!